Crypto traders have certainly had a rough time since early 2018. The markets have tanked resulting in large losses for nearly everyone involved in the market. While that’s bad, what’s even worse is the fact that many projects have failed to deliver on their roadmap. Blockchain technology has been hailed as the next great advance in technology. And while many companies are making strides toward fully implementing blockchain-based technology, there is still a long way to go. As promising as blockchain technology is, there are still limitations that need to be addressed.
Limitations of Blockchain Networks
Although blockchain technology is certainly the future, the existing technology will need to be improved before it can go mainstream. A few of the current limitations include:
- Limited Scalability – Blockchain networks have consensus mechanisms that require each node to verify a transaction. This verification requirement slows down the network and limits the total number of transactions that can be processed.
- Limited Usage – Each blockchain network was created with specific usage in mind. Because of the limited number of use-cases, each network eventually suffers from a never-ending loop of limited adoption. In the end, this causes low awareness.
- Lack of Interoperability – At present, individual blockchain ecosystems are unable to communicate with each other. If a blockchain network attempts to retrieve information from an external (outside the “chain”) source, each node would have to perform the operation. But because each node acts individually, and an outside source is being used, there is no guarantee that each node will receive the same answer. This lack of homogeneity would break the consensus and therefore kill the blockchain.
- Privacy Concerns – Users tend to think of blockchain as offering the utmost in privacy protection. However, in the case of public blockchains, all transactions show up on the public ledger with all the wallet addresses. And, although identities aren’t shown on the ledger, with enough detective work, they can easily be discovered. There is a reason why privacy coins exist!
- Security Issues – Most people involved in the blockchain/crypto space have likely heard of a 51% attack. But what does that actually mean? If a majority of nodes give false information, the false information becomes true information. Satoshi Nakamoto highlighted the dangers of this type of attack when he launched Bitcoin in 2009.
Solution for Lack of Interoperability
In order to take blockchain technology mainstream, the above referenced limitations must be addressed. Fortunately, there are several companies working on solutions. In particular, Kardiachain (KAI) is working on addressing the issues of scalability, usage, and interoperability.
In an effort to vastly improve interoperability, Kardiachain has developed a dual node, which can establish a connection between Kardiachain’s blockchain and another separate blockchain of the user’s choice. The company’s dual master node has three primary components:
- Translator: Utilizing Kardia Smart contract language to break the language barrier between different platforms.
- Router: Leveraging algorithms in routing transactions to best-performing chain.
- Aggregator: Batching new updates from participating chains to reduce strain on Kardiachain main chain.
The dual node solution allows for a practical and non-invasive way to facilitate a secure and decentralized interchain connection, reduce cost and increase speed. Unlike many blockchain networks offering interoperability with a standard that other blockchain needs to change to be compatible with, the end goal is to build a harmonious ecosystem that can efficiently utilize the unique strengths of all the participants. If successful, Kardiachain would essentially become the blockchain of blockchains.
Although blockchain technology is quickly being adopted by companies across the world, there is still a long way to go before the technology reaches mass adoption. And, in order to reach that stage, Kardiachain has taken on the herculean task of addressing some of blockchain’s major issues such as adoptability, interoperability, and scalability.
The company is especially focused on becoming the industry-leading blockchain project in Vietnam. Vietnam is not only the fastest developing country in Asia but also has a government that is open and eager to embrace blockchain technology. This really sets it apart from other nearby areas of Asia. Mass adoption is coming to blockchain technology, it’s only a matter of time. With the technology improvements that are being developed by Kardiachain and others, that time may be coming a lot sooner than some think.
For the latest cryptocurrency news, join our Telegram!
Disclaimer: This article should not be taken as, and is not intended to provide, investment advice. Global Coin Report and/or its affiliates, employees, writers, and subcontractors are cryptocurrency investors and from time to time may or may not have holdings in some of the coins or tokens they cover. Please conduct your own thorough research before investing in any cryptocurrency and read our full disclaimer.
XNO Token of Xeno NFT Hub listed on Bithumb Korea Exchange
Hong Kong, Hong Kong, 25th January, 2021, // ChainWire //
Xeno Holdings Limited (xno.live ), a blockchain solutions company based in Hong Kong, has announced the listing of its ecosystem utility token XNO on the ‘Bithumb Korea’ cryptocurrency exchange on January 21st 2021.
Xeno NFT Hub (market.xno.live ), developed by Xeno Holdings, enables easy minting of digital items into NFTs while also providing a marketplace where anyone can securely trade NFTs.
The Xeno NFT Hub project team includes former members of the technology project Yosemite X based in San Francisco and professionals such as Gabby Dizon who is a games industry expert and NFT space influencer based in Southeast Asia.
NFT(Non-Fungible Token) technology has recently gained huge focus in the blockchain arena and beyond, making waves in the online gaming sector, the art world, and the digital copyrights industry in recent years. The strongest feature of NFTs is that “NFTs are unique digital assets that cannot be replaced or forged”. Unlike fungible tokens such as Bitcoin or Ether, NFTs are not interchangeable for other tokens of the same type but instead each NFT has a unique value and specific information that cannot be replaced. This fact makes NFTs the perfect solution to record and prove ownership of digital and real-world items like works of art, game items, limited-edition collectibles, and more.
NFTs are already being actively traded in markets globally. For…
Should Crypto Projects Devote Resources to Community Growth and Marketing?
2020 has been an incredible year for crypto as investors have generated windfall profits and crypto projects have seen their businesses gain the spotlight they’ve been looking for. While Bitcoin has received most of the attention after major institutional investors announced they were accumulating the increasingly scarce asset, many altcoins have also seen their fair share of glory. When looking at all the big winners of the past year, the first project that probably comes to mind is Chainlink, having appreciated by more than 550% YTD and now valued at over $4.5 billion. But, the actual biggest winner of the year is HEX with a YTD return of over 5,000%.
I mention both of the above projects as they have each taken slightly different paths to achieve greatness. Chainlink has devoted resources toward building a fundamentally sound business with many strategic partnerships while HEX has spent vast sums of money on marketing and promotion. Both approaches are valid, but one thing is certain, it is absolutely imperative for crypto projects to let the crypto community know what makes them special. Of course, one of the reasons that makes crypto so valuable is the powerful blockchain technology that most projects are utilizing.
Cryptocurrency vs. Blockchain Technology
It’s important to make a distinction between blockchain technology and cryptocurrency. Although they are often used interchangeably, they are different. Blockchain technology and crypto were both created after the 2008 financial crisis, but cryptocurrency…
XENO starts VIP NFT trading service and collaborates with contemporary artist Hiro Yamagata
Hong Kong, Hong Kong, 24th December, 2020, // ChainWire //
The XENO NFT Hub (https://xno.live) will provide a crypto-powered digital items and collectables trading platform allowing users to create, buy, and sell NFTs. Additionally it will support auction based listings, governance and voting mechanisms, trade history tracking, user rating and other advanced features.
As a first step towards its fully comprehensive service, XENO NFT Hub launched a recent VIP service to select users and early adopters in December 2020 with plans for a full Public Beta to open in June 2021.
“NFTs are extremely flexible in their usage, from digital event tickets to artwork, and while NFTs have a very wide spectrum of uses and categories XENO will initially focus its partnership efforts and its own item curation on three primary areas: gaming, sports & entertainment, and collectibles.”, said XENO NFT Hub president Anthony Di Franco.
He also added “This does not mean we will prohibit other types of NFTs from our ecosystem However, it simply means that XENO’s efforts as a company will be targeted into these verticals initially as a cohesive business approach.”
Development and Procurement Lead, Gabby Dizon explained, “Despite our initial focus, we found ourselves with a unique opportunity to host some of the works of Mr. Hiro Yamagata. We are collaborating with Japanese artist Hiro Yamagata to enshrine some of his artwork into NFTs.”
Mr. Yamagata has been…