Although Bitcoin is praised for its high-quality processes that lead a lot of people to wise outcomes and success, it has its own dark side. This side is less exposed to media and the people as it can possibly ruin whatever Bitcoin has worked for years, exerting lots of effort, expenses, and time. However, discussing this side will be a way for a better and deeper understanding to what Bitcoin really is and its main purpose and future. Given that, we have gathered the information already for you about the dark side of Bitcoin. So, let’s start!
Bitcoin provides a lot of advantages, but some government gave warnings that are not still founded entirely. The main reason behind that is that there are elements of criminality that seek to take advantage of the media hype and excitement around Bitcoin. One example scenario is when the cybercriminals launched Ponzi schemes that gave promises on investments through astronomical returns. After the money of investors have disappeared, this is the time when they realized that they were scammed. Therefore, the governments raised awareness advising the public to invest cautiously and uphold skepticism in life. If you want more information regarding this, you can go through the www.bitcoineras.com to better understand it.
Here are some of the ways wherein cryptocurrency is misused.
- On the 12th of May, 2017, a big ransom outbreak, also called the WannaCry attack, took place around the world. This was the malware that took control of the computers of victims and demanded them for money as a return for relinquishment. While the used ransom was not new, the attack’s one distinguishing factor was demanding money in Bitcoin form. With that, the incident brought a lot of misinterpretation and bad publicity to Bitcoin.
- Due to the ease of Bitcoin transfer and high-quality anonymity, terrorist groups tried their best to do fundraising on social media platforms through Bitcoin addresses. While it did not become successful back then, there is still no assurance that these terrorists will succeed on their next try. However, nothing gives it worth to anonymity as a restriction to the network of blockchain. Once it is converted to other currency, the transactions and identity of a person can now be easily tracked through the IP address. Another thing, because of the public blockchain done in the transaction, tracking the fund movements became easier.
- Lots of online scams are now leading people who own a Bitcoin account to be a victim of stealing. The most typical online banking still has a lot of protection, such as two-factor authentication, password, OTP, and a lot more. However, in the case of Bitcoin, there must be one to hold the private key and empty someone’s wallet. Keyloggers are being active in stealing people’s computers with the help of Fraudsters. On the other hand, there is also the Trojan, which is known for professional horseback riding and attack. It then puts that protecting the Bitcoin wallet is a must thing to do.
- Another thing, online sellers are also one of the most loyal users of Bitcoin. Here, even though they are already tired of online selling, the Bitcoin can let them advertise a product and gain profit, as well as a huge discount. The problem here is when the buyer already paid for the product and made them let it be shipped. After being delivered, the quality of the product can be way different than what it is actually.
- There are also scams that use ICO. Since the market of cryptocurrency is unregulated, a lot of people are deliberating to launch a fraudulent blockchain project. The promises of innovation suddenly were replaced by project development yet declared as unfinished and a huge loss.
Now, these are only the dark secrets of Bitcoin that anyone needs to know. For more information, hurry up now and do not let them wait.
Bitcoin Surges After Tesla Bought $1.5 Billion Worth of BTC
The sudden rise of Bitcoin has been connected to the decision taken by the Tesla electric car company to buy $1.5 billion worth of Bitcoin.
The company explained in a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) that it bought Bitcoin to diversify its cash returns and more flexibility.
Musk’s Tweets also impacted Dogecoin’s price
Tesla also added that it will start accepting Bitcoin payments for all its products, although this will be based on a limited basis and applicable laws. If the company concludes and starts accepting cryptocurrency, it will make it the first major car manufacturer to accept Bitcoin payments. The company’s founder and Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk has developed an interest in Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies.
He has been tweeting severally about the viability of the Dogecoin (DOGE), which doesn’t have an important market value attached to it.
ur welcome pic.twitter.com/e2KF57KLxb
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) February 4, 2021
Few hours after endorsing Dogecoin, the cryptocurrency rose by an impressive 50%. But regulatory authorities are still concerned about the risks in cryptocurrency investments, with several regulatory bodies warning traders and investors they could lose all their money from crypto investments.
But for Tesla, the company decides to diversify its funds and increased its cash returns. However, Tesla also warned investors about the volatility of Bitcoin’s price in its SEC filing. According to the SEC…
XNO Token of Xeno NFT Hub listed on Bithumb Korea Exchange
Hong Kong, Hong Kong, 25th January, 2021, // ChainWire //
Xeno Holdings Limited (xno.live ), a blockchain solutions company based in Hong Kong, has announced the listing of its ecosystem utility token XNO on the ‘Bithumb Korea’ cryptocurrency exchange on January 21st 2021.
Xeno NFT Hub (market.xno.live ), developed by Xeno Holdings, enables easy minting of digital items into NFTs while also providing a marketplace where anyone can securely trade NFTs.
The Xeno NFT Hub project team includes former members of the technology project Yosemite X based in San Francisco and professionals such as Gabby Dizon who is a games industry expert and NFT space influencer based in Southeast Asia.
NFT(Non-Fungible Token) technology has recently gained huge focus in the blockchain arena and beyond, making waves in the online gaming sector, the art world, and the digital copyrights industry in recent years. The strongest feature of NFTs is that “NFTs are unique digital assets that cannot be replaced or forged”. Unlike fungible tokens such as Bitcoin or Ether, NFTs are not interchangeable for other tokens of the same type but instead each NFT has a unique value and specific information that cannot be replaced. This fact makes NFTs the perfect solution to record and prove ownership of digital and real-world items like works of art, game items, limited-edition collectibles, and more. One of the ways to have a successful trading…
Wisebitcoin Launches Professional-Grade Crypto Exchange
Infrastructure is developing rapidly in the cryptocurrency industry, but the recent launch of the Wisebitcoin cryptocurrency exchange is nonetheless significant in terms of the immediate value it provides to cryptocurrency users. That’s because the exchange has had a beta version available since 2018 while continuing further developments in stealth mode, and already serves over 1.2 million end users with $6+ billion in 24 hour trading volume at the time of its official launch.
In addition to the large user base and deep liquidity, Wisebitcoin also stands out by offering up to 100x leverage to margin traders, with the ability to open a long or short position in their futures market. In the current bullish environment, leverage is a key way that experienced traders increase their exposure and try to profit from volatility.
For example, if a user opened a long position on ETH on January 2nd at a price of $750, they could have greatly multiplied their profits with even a small amount of leverage such as 5x as ETH reached over $1,100 within 48 hours. A simple unleveraged position would have netted $350 in profit, but a 5x position would have netted $1,750 and a 100x leveraged position would have netted an incredible $35,000 in profits from an initial investment of just $750.
Beyond leverage, Wisebitcoin additionally offers a simple and…