No other currency performs to the same degree and on the same scale of usability as Ripple. With growing adoption and the potential for disruption, it is worth considering how Ripple could become an even more widespread and common means of payment. Starbucks is a key candidate for adopting ripple as a payment method in the near future.
Firstly, Starbucks receives roughly 1/3 rd of its orders from its mobile app. The fact that Starbucks customers are already familiar with the system of electronic payments could make Ripple adoption an easy option for the retail brand. Secondly, the CEO of Starbucks, Howard Schulz has a highly positive attitude towards cryptocurrencies and believes that integration of a cryptocurrency like Ripple would create a significant, long-term shareholder value for the company.
The following are the 3 concrete reasons behind why Starbucks, one of the most reputed coffee brands in the world, could start using Ripple as a means of payment by the end of 2018.
- Expanding brand reputation of Ripple: In spite of the fact that Bitcoin still enjoys the biggest brand name and market status, Ripple has been steadily earning a name for itself as the potential breakout candidate for one of the best-performing cryptocurrencies of 2018.The collaborations with billion-dollar companies like Moneygram and Western Union were huge, even if the impact did not reflect in the price of XRP. Ripple has been on the market since 2012, but it is only in the last year that the powerhouse image of the currency has emerged. Prior to that, most crypto enthusiasts and investors considered XRP to be vaporware, and Ripple as just a long-term start-up to add to banking technology. That has changed drastically in the last six months as the Western Union/Moneygram partnership testifies to the growing interest in XRP.
For a company like Starbucks to start using cryptocurrency, it would require significant market interest and some advantage to the customer base. Bitcoin seems to be the obvious choice on account of the fact that it is trendy, could reach critical-mass in headlines and give Starbucks a unique technological edge. However, this would change if Ripple also starts becoming a household name. At the very least, as Ripple continues to grow and more and more investors start dealing with XRP, it motivates big companies like Starbucks to tap into the consumer base of cryptocurrency.
- The usage of RipplePay
Starbucks is going to be hard-pressed to start accepting cryptocurrency as a means of payment in 2018. This opens the avenue for the development of an application, similar to LitePay, which allows Ripple holders to spend XRP however they choose without needing the merchant to reciprocate. This version of RipplePay would be a consumer and producer emphasized platform that gives crypto and Ripple enthusiasts a convenient, instinctive and universal method for using XRP as a means of payment. Merchants have the capability to deploy the technology as a payment processor on their end, enabling them to accept direct XRP payments that are convertible into fiat. Due to the various transactional advantages of XRP, the fees and back-end processing should favor both buyer and seller. One of the most underrated benefits of LitePay as processing platforms for merchants is the 1% transaction fee. Typical credit/debit card transactions require a 4% fee on behalf of the merchant. RipplePay could be hugely beneficial to both small and large business organizations. Smaller merchants, independent bookstores, coffee shops, online merchandising, would benefit from the low fees, while also having the flexibility to tap into an enlarging into a consumer base.
- The transactional utility of XRP: Ripple is a cryptocurrency with one of the highest degrees of usability in the cryptomarket. While the parent company Ripple has yet to place the coin as a form of person-to-person digital tender, the utility of XRP in transactions applies strongly to this use-case:
- Extremely low-cost transaction fees: Current fees for sending XRP are extremely low and will continue to be sufficiently low such that fee becomes essentially negligent.0.0001 XRP is consumed during each transaction which is relatively much lower than Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin. Even if XRP manages to attain the distant target value of 10 USD per coin, that equates to 1/100th of one penny per tx. There is almost no chance for the fees of XRP to become an obstacle to conducting transactions. Thus Ripple becomes the most obvious choice for consumers looking to spend cryptocurrency in the same way that they would spend traditional money.
- Extremely high transaction speed: In order to gain widespread acceptance, cryptocurrency has to reach the same level of convenience as Visa. Until that happens, the main attraction for owning and holding cryptocurrency is just price speculation and appreciation. Without both utility and usability, nobody would be enthused about adopting crypto. The transaction process has to be as smooth and effortless as it is with tangible cash. Ripple has a current transaction time of under- 10 seconds (aiming for under 5-seconds) which would equip it with Visa-like usability.
Ripple has its target set on the financial industry, but it shows great potential to be adopted by the consumer/retail sector as well. If Starbucks starts to adopt Ripple, this will help the company garner a lot of attention in the press. As a result, competitors of Starbucks in the retail market would also start cashing in on the trend and it would be a landmark step in making cryptocurrencies win mainstream adoption.
We will be updating our subscribers as soon as we know more. For the latest on XRP, sign up below!
Disclaimer: This article should not be taken as, and is not intended to provide, investment advice. Global Coin Report and/or its affiliates, employees, writers, and subcontractors are cryptocurrency investors and from time to time may or may not have holdings in some of the coins or tokens they cover. Please conduct your own thorough research before investing in any cryptocurrency and read our full disclaimer.
Image courtesy of Hamza Butt via Flickr
Reasons Why You Are Much Safer When Crypto Trading on Dexes
While many cryptocurrencies aim to bring the change to the world by bringing full decentralization, one aspect of the crypto space still remains mostly centralized, and that is the way they are exchanged. Most crypto exchanges are centralized companies, where traders and investors need to deposit their coins for safekeeping. This is a risky way to handle the funds, as exchanges remain susceptible to hacks and theft, as many realized recently, after the hack of the world’s largest exchange by trading volume, Binance.
During the hack, around 7,000 BTC (over $40 million) was taken, and sent to multiple wallets, never to be seen again — for now, at least. The hack also came as quite a shock, as Binance was known for its efficiency, security, and high levels of confidence. It also made people realize that their coins are not really theirs if they need to rely on third parties, such as exchanges, to keep them safe. As a result, many are now turning away from centralized exchanges, and are heading towards decentralized ones — also known as DEXes.
Here are some reasons why you might want to consider doing the same.
1. True ownership of your coins
The crypto community has a saying: “not your keys, not your coins.” The saying is now more relevant than ever, but it does not apply on DEXes. Decentralized exchanges…
Crypto Billionaire Predicts Massive Price Growth by 2021
Crypto prices are once again going up, and Bitcoin has just passed a major resistance level at $6,000. With a situation like that, it is not surprising that everyone in the crypto community is looking forward to the future, wondering what to expect in years to come. Many experts have already given their predictions, some more optimistic than others, but almost all bullish.
Crypto billionaire Mike Novogratz has always been very supportive of cryptocurrencies, and very bullish on Bitcoin. He recently stated that he sees the coins’ prices triple in the following 18 months, meaning that Bitcoin’s return to $20,000 might not be far away, according to him.
He noted that Bitcoin is back to $6,000 after its price hit as low as $3,100 only a few months ago. These days, Novogratz does not believe Bitcoin will return to such lows unless there is a devastating exchange hack or a major shift in regulations. Of course, there was a big hack that had the potential to damage the coin’s price, only days ago. The world’s largest crypto exchange by trading volume, Binance, saw a significant security breach which resulted in a theft of 7,000 BTC.
However, so far, the coin did not react negatively to this incident. While Novogratz believed that such an event would shatter the new confidence in BTC, it simply did not happen. However, he…
TokenRoll (TKR) Platform Will Take Online Casinos to the Next Level
Corporate executives are turning to blockchain technology more than ever in an attempt to revolutionize the business world. Although blockchain is still a relatively new concept, that hasn’t stopped more and more companies from jumping on the bandwagon. This hot new technology has quickly gained a reputation for providing greater transparency, enhanced security, improved traceability, increased efficiency, and low costs. One industry that could certainly benefit from decentralization is the online gambling market, specifically, online casinos. TokenRoll (TKR) has developed a platform that appears to offer a promising alternative to centralized casinos.
Problems with Centralized Casinos
The primary reason why blockchain technology is being implemented so quickly is because it solves a lot of the problems typically associated with the traditional business model. And online casinos are no different. It still needs to be said that centralized casinos have proven that there is a great demand for online gambling. The market is growing faster than anyone could have predicted, and future opportunities appear very promising and lucrative. But industries are continually evolving and this one is no different.
A few of the problems facing centralized casinos include the following:
- Little to no transparency
- Consumer lack of confidence
- Privacy concerns
- 48-72 hour wait time for withdrawals
These are four monumental issues that need to be addressed quickly given the global growth of the market. Casinos need to…
BitStarz Player Smashes Record – Wins $2.4 Million on Azarbah Wishes!
The Bitcoin Revolution: Everything You Need To Know To Take Profits
3 Altcoins That Are Outperforming Bitcoin and Will Likely Face Consequences
Blogs2 weeks ago
Crypto Billionaire Predicts Massive Price Growth by 2021
Altcoins1 week ago
Justin Sun Bullish On TRX and BTT
Altcoins4 days ago
Why Tron (TRX) Price Won’t Remain Low for Long
Altcoins4 days ago
Why Binance May Be Crucial for Tron (Trx) to Reach $1
Bitcoin1 week ago
4 Reasons Why the New Bitcoin Rally Is Unlikely to Stop Now
Hot Updates1 week ago
Social Gaming Platform Offers Crypto Community Unrivalled Multi – Gaming Experience with Fair Odds
Trade2 weeks ago
eToroX launches gold and silver stablecoins
Altcoins4 days ago
3 Cryptocurrencies Most Likely to Follow Bitcoin’s Performance