When Bytom was first introduced to the crypto-traders in August 2017, it took the entire world by surprise with its unique blockchain ecosystem. Unlike Bitcoin’s single layer or Ethereum’s double layer system, Bytom offers a triple layer platform consisting of a transaction layer, a transmission layer, and an asset interaction layer. Right at the beginning, Bytom exhibited a price surge that took it to a market cap of nearly 200 million US dollars and it reached its pinnacle during the April of this month when its market cap crossed the $1 billion mark.
Although this currently has been unable to show any conspicuous upsurge in the past two months, BTM’s development team has been working tirelessly on several aspects to make this currency even more efficient and convenient. On June 15th, Bytom team released a comprehensive progress report containing major updates occurred in the past week.
Here, some of those developments would be discussed to depict a picture of its present condition along with its probable future.
Major Project Updates:
Bytom team has made considerable progress in project development as well as community building during the previous week. They posted major updates on a couple of their projects namely:
- Bytom Eco Conference: The team officially announced about the Eco Conference that is about to be held on 29th of June, 2018 in Wuzhen, China. All of the core community members along with the contributors, technical developers, and Bytom ecological partners would attend the conference themed as “The Taste of Blockchain”. This conference is likely to generate some new and ingenious ideas with an entirely new perspective and consequently make its ecosystem more secure and convenient.
- Venture Capital Project: Venture capitals hold a significant position in the global cryptocurrency trading at the moment. On 10th June 2018, the CEO and founder of Bytom Duan Xingxing attended the 20th China Venture Capital Forum and gave a keynote speech about the nuances of blockchain technology. If Bytom becomes successful with a few major venture capital organizations, going up the ladder in the cryptocurrency market is likely to become a lot easier despite the market’s volatile nature. Since most of the reputed venture capitals are based in China, attending this forum could make a significant impact on BTM’s future.
Updates Regarding Mainnet Swap:
A significant number of exchanges and wallets supported Bytom’s token swap and completed the same over the past week. Some of these exchanges include:
- io: Gate.io was the first exchange to support Bytom Mainnet and completed the token swap successfully. Besides, this exchange also announced its support for Bytom Mainnet asset along with ERC-20 asset. As of now, the deposited BTM coins on this exchange would be swapped automatically.
- OKEx: OKEx also finished BTM token swap last week along with providing their support for Bytom Mainnet Asset. Also, the South Korean counterpart of this exchange also released some necessary information and data pertaining to this incident.
- RightBTC: This exchange announced the completion of token swap on June 6th. As a result, now the users would need to perform any operation on the exchange and Bytom will be swapped automatically from ERC-20 to the Mainnet asset.
- CoinEgg: The deposit and withdrawal process on this exchange was temporarily suspended due to Bytom’s token swap during last week. However, the process was successfully completed on the 13th of June while resuming deposit and withdrawal system back to normal.
- KuCoin: One of the most reputed exchanges in the world KuCoin also announced their support for the Mainnet token swap of Bytom where they also mentioned about the automatic completion of this process while announcing the specific plan separately.
- Bibox: Like the exchanges mentioned above, Bibox also announced its support for Bytom Mainnet swap along with deposit and withdrawal of Bytom Mainnet assets. Now BTM users would be able to swap their coins on this exchange without any operation.
Besides these exchanges, Bepal wallet, imToken, Huobi, Bitpie, Bixin, Hufu, BigOne, GDEX, and many others have announced their support for Bytom Mainnet token swap.
On 11th June, Bytom was listed on FCoin exchange with BTM/USD trading pair. FCoin is a well-known cryptocurrency exchange with various cryptocurrency trading pairs. This listing is likely to increase the circulation and popularity of Bytom to the crypto-traders around the world.
On 14th June, Bytom announced the Bytom Global Ambassador plan. The aim of this plan is to cause an expeditious growth of this cryptocurrency in the market. Once the plan is implemented, it would provide a significant number of advantages to the traders starting from multilingual translation and content support to various pieces of platform information necessary to conduct trading.
Also, the Bytom team announced a very lucrative airdrop of 270,000 BTM tokens on 8th June 2018.
Current Condition of Bytom:
As of 18th June 2018, this cryptocurrency is going at a rate of 0.55 per US dollar approximately while having a market capitalization of nearly $550 million. The coin holds the 29th position on Coinmarketcap at the moment. The price chart of this coin is currently showing a steady and stable trend without any major escalation or downfall.
We all know that the principal characteristic of this market is volatility and therefore, it is practically impossible to pinpoint the future of a certain coin. However, with new community and project developments, BTM is showing considerable promise. Ergo, if you are a user of this coin, holding onto it wouldn’t be a bad choice.
For the latest cryptocurrency news, join our Telegram!
Disclaimer: This article should not be taken as, and is not intended to provide, investment advice. Global Coin Report and/or its affiliates, employees, writers, and subcontractors are cryptocurrency investors and from time to time may or may not have holdings in some of the coins or tokens they cover. Please conduct your own thorough research before investing in any cryptocurrency and read our full disclaimer.
Image courtesy of Pexels
What Changes May the Crypto Space Experience in 2019
After the crypto hype of 2017, a lot of newly-arrived crypto enthusiasts were caught off-guard by the price crash and bear market that took over in 2018. One month after another, investors were waiting for things to change, and for another bull run to take place. Unfortunately, this did not happen in 2018, and while the year’s final days were seemingly stable, the rally everyone wanted to see has failed to arrive.
However, crypto investors remain optimistic, with many of them hoping to see some changes arrive in 2019. There are rather great expectations of this year, especially since the last one failed to deliver. However, many are interested in what exactly is to be expected in this year, which is what we will talk about today.
Bitcoin ETF approval
The US SEC’s decision regarding Bitcoin ETFs was one of the most anticipated events throughout 2018. Sadly, the decision constantly got delayed, and the SEC never actually provided an answer. The last delay has pushed the decision into 2019, and it is now expected to arrive on February 27.
Historically, the SEC was never ready to approve Bitcoin ETF, and many believe that the delays came due to the fact that the market was not ready for then in 2018. This is backed by the fact that the SEC rejected multiple application throughout the year. VanEck and SolidX…
Reasons Why 2019 May Be A Great Year For Crypto
The new year was always considered to be a time of new beginnings, where people can reflect on the past and learn from their mistakes in order to be better in the future. The same is true for the world of crypto, and investors around the world are hoping for 2019 to be better, more profitable, and to have more success than 2018.
The hope for the future is even more important when we consider all the negative development in 2018. There were numerous high-profile hacking attacks, two market crashes, with a strong bear market in between. Not to mention that some of the biggest projects that may have brightened the year a bit ended up being delayed.
With that in mind, it is understandable why investors are looking forward to the new year and all the potential development that it may bring. In fact, there are several reasons why they should be excited about 2019.
1) Bearish market to loosen its grip
The first reason why 2019 can be a good year digital currencies is that it may finally break free of the bearish grip that has been felt ever since last January. Following the first market crash, the bears settled in, and the prices kept falling for an entire year. The market attempted to shake off the negativity on several occasions, with the biggest one being…
3 Coins with the Largest Potential in 2019
2018 has been a pretty bad year for digital coins, and after the initial market crash that occurred a year ago, everyone was expecting a bull run that will fix things. Obviously, it never arrived, and instead of that, all that crypto market experienced was an entire bearish year and another crash in mid-November.
Now, however, it is a brand new year, and attempts to shake off the bears’ grip can be seen even in these first two weeks. The market is still struggling and mostly losing value, rather than gaining, with most coins being in trouble once more. Still, a lot can happen in a year, and most investors remain optimistic regarding 2019. Here are some of the coins that are believed to have tremendous potential, and to be the hope of this year.
Of course, Bitcoin comes first. This is the first cryptocurrency which is still dominating the market, with no other coin being even close to its market cap or price. BTC is the coin that has reached the most prominent heights, and it also lost the most in the previous year. However, there is still hope, as there are several projects and events scheduled for this year that might turn things around for the number one coin.
One thing that is expected is the approval of Bitcoin ETFs…
A Trading BOT that Works, Meet Athena!
The Impact of SEC Regulation and the Crypto Bear Market on Ethereum
Bexplus Trader Expert Sharing: Which Investment in Bitcoin can Make Profits?
Don't Miss2 weeks ago
Wirex adds WAVES to its Platform
Blogs7 days ago
3 Cryptos To Blow Up In The Next Bull Run
Blogs6 days ago
3 Coins with the Largest Potential in 2019
Bitcoin2 weeks ago
Bitcoin Grows Beyond $4,000
Altcoins5 days ago
Will 2019 be the Year of TRON (TRX)?
Altcoins2 weeks ago
TRX vs ADA: TRX Overtook ADA for 8th Place
Altcoins2 weeks ago
TRON (TRX) Surges by 20%
Blogs2 weeks ago
Will Ethereum (ETH) Go Beyond $200?