TRON has been one of the most popular cryptocurrencies of this year so far especially after when Bitcoin’s price chart went literally topsy-turvy in January 2018. Unlike most other cryptocurrencies that are currently traded across the world, TRON’s development team is extremely communicative with its community and investors across the world. It has been publishing its piecemeal progress on a weekly basis since its inception in September 2017. As a result, it is very easy to keep track with all the events associated with TRX and candidly speaking, this transparency is one of the main reasons behind its enormous popularity that is threatening even big guns like Bitcoin or Ethereum.
TRON’s development team has been working on the Mainnet launch, the date of which is getting closer rapidly, for a significantly long time. Manifestly, this phenomenon has been the cynosure among all TRX developments. However, other technical updates are not far behind as every week the TRX team is coming up with something unique and innovative implementations. In this article, the most significant developments happened in the past few days would be discussed to elucidate its current condition as well as its probable future by the end of this year.
The three aspects of TRON’s technical architecture namely the structure, the consensus, and the wallet have gone through some conspicuous changes in the past few days for offering an even more efficient blockchain platform for their users.
- Structural Developments: The TRX structure has been going through some problems regarding the RPC interface. According to the last TRX weekly report (from 19th May to 25th May), the issue regarding RPC interface has been sorted out completely for the transaction list. Moreover, the service of fixing bugs on network and synchronization module is still fully functional. However, the task of setting up stress tests is still in progress.
- Consensus Updates: TRON development team has successfully completed the optimization of token freeze mechanism along with transfer token rule. Here too, the process of fixing bugs is still on-going. The development team is hopeful about finishing the testing of malicious witness behavior.
- Wallet Development: The TRX team has optimized judgment logic for expired and repeated transactions. They have also completed implementing verification process for special field and contract validity. There are other wallet developments that are yet to be completed. Some of them include adding unit tests, using test tools for checking test coverage and adding length limitation to the account name.
Noteworthy Community Activities:
TRON’s community has gone through a significant number of new developments in the past few days. The majority of these updates concern the imminent super representative election. Some of these developments include:
- Project Genesis Bonus Pool: Project Genesis was launched in March 2018, for the purpose of motivating TRON’s community engagement. On May 19th, Project Genesis announced a bonus pool of 2 billion dollars on which many active members of the TRON community have lent their supporting hands.
- Super Representative Election: A significant number of organizations have been enlisted for the super representative election during last week. Some of the most reputed names include CryptoGirls (Six years of experience in application, mobile, and enterprise development), GSC (a Singapore based first new generation social chain used by billions of people), Next-Genius (The largest Chinese blockchain community along with a training centre in Australia), CryptoGuyInZA (13 years of experience in the IT field), Lianjinshu, SkyPeople, and many more. Also, OK Blockchain Capital has officially announced their desire to run for the super representative election.
Partnerships and Support:
The TRX team has managed to commence quite a few lucrative partnerships along with gaining the support of some well-known cryptocurrency exchanges. Besides this, there have been some other major developments as well including:
- Launch of TVM: The development team of TRX has finally launched the TVM (TRON Virtual Machine) which would be the foundation of TRON’s entire blockchain ecosystem.
- Launch of TRON Wiki: TRON Wiki had been officially launched last week with all information about this cryptocurrency. This is likely to increase this digital coin’s purview significantly.
- Strategic Partnerships: TRON has secured strategic partnerships with both Hydro Protocol and vSport for working closely with the upcoming technical developments and subsequent implementation of new features.
- Unbridled Support: This currency acquired support from a significant number of exchanges in the past week. Some of these exchanges include Bithumb, Liqui, Upbit, DragonEx, RightBTC, and several others.
TRON’s Current Situation:
As of 29th May 2018, TRON holds the 9th position on Coinmarketcap with a market capitalization of 3.8 billion USD (approximately), and individual coin price of $0.058 approximately. The price chart is following a moderately steep direction as the date of Mainnet launch is getting closer.
So, based on the data garnered over the past few days, TRON seems to be heading for a fairly profitable 2018. Also, with the Mainnet launch on 31st May, speculators are expecting a gargantuan price surge. Therefore, if you are a TRX holder, it is the ideal time for holding onto it.
For the latest cryptocurrency news, join our Telegram!
Disclaimer: This article should not be taken as, and is not intended to provide, investment advice. Global Coin Report and/or its affiliates, employees, writers, and subcontractors are cryptocurrency investors and from time to time may or may not have holdings in some of the coins or tokens they cover. Please conduct your own thorough research before investing in any cryptocurrency and read our full disclaimer.
Image courtesy of Pexels
Reasons Why You Are Much Safer When Crypto Trading on Dexes
While many cryptocurrencies aim to bring the change to the world by bringing full decentralization, one aspect of the crypto space still remains mostly centralized, and that is the way they are exchanged. Most crypto exchanges are centralized companies, where traders and investors need to deposit their coins for safekeeping. This is a risky way to handle the funds, as exchanges remain susceptible to hacks and theft, as many realized recently, after the hack of the world’s largest exchange by trading volume, Binance.
During the hack, around 7,000 BTC (over $40 million) was taken, and sent to multiple wallets, never to be seen again — for now, at least. The hack also came as quite a shock, as Binance was known for its efficiency, security, and high levels of confidence. It also made people realize that their coins are not really theirs if they need to rely on third parties, such as exchanges, to keep them safe. As a result, many are now turning away from centralized exchanges, and are heading towards decentralized ones — also known as DEXes.
Here are some reasons why you might want to consider doing the same.
1. True ownership of your coins
The crypto community has a saying: “not your keys, not your coins.” The saying is now more relevant than ever, but it does not apply on DEXes. Decentralized exchanges…
Crypto Billionaire Predicts Massive Price Growth by 2021
Crypto prices are once again going up, and Bitcoin has just passed a major resistance level at $6,000. With a situation like that, it is not surprising that everyone in the crypto community is looking forward to the future, wondering what to expect in years to come. Many experts have already given their predictions, some more optimistic than others, but almost all bullish.
Crypto billionaire Mike Novogratz has always been very supportive of cryptocurrencies, and very bullish on Bitcoin. He recently stated that he sees the coins’ prices triple in the following 18 months, meaning that Bitcoin’s return to $20,000 might not be far away, according to him.
He noted that Bitcoin is back to $6,000 after its price hit as low as $3,100 only a few months ago. These days, Novogratz does not believe Bitcoin will return to such lows unless there is a devastating exchange hack or a major shift in regulations. Of course, there was a big hack that had the potential to damage the coin’s price, only days ago. The world’s largest crypto exchange by trading volume, Binance, saw a significant security breach which resulted in a theft of 7,000 BTC.
However, so far, the coin did not react negatively to this incident. While Novogratz believed that such an event would shatter the new confidence in BTC, it simply did not happen. However, he…
TokenRoll (TKR) Platform Will Take Online Casinos to the Next Level
Corporate executives are turning to blockchain technology more than ever in an attempt to revolutionize the business world. Although blockchain is still a relatively new concept, that hasn’t stopped more and more companies from jumping on the bandwagon. This hot new technology has quickly gained a reputation for providing greater transparency, enhanced security, improved traceability, increased efficiency, and low costs. One industry that could certainly benefit from decentralization is the online gambling market, specifically, online casinos. TokenRoll (TKR) has developed a platform that appears to offer a promising alternative to centralized casinos.
Problems with Centralized Casinos
The primary reason why blockchain technology is being implemented so quickly is because it solves a lot of the problems typically associated with the traditional business model. And online casinos are no different. It still needs to be said that centralized casinos have proven that there is a great demand for online gambling. The market is growing faster than anyone could have predicted, and future opportunities appear very promising and lucrative. But industries are continually evolving and this one is no different.
A few of the problems facing centralized casinos include the following:
- Little to no transparency
- Consumer lack of confidence
- Privacy concerns
- 48-72 hour wait time for withdrawals
These are four monumental issues that need to be addressed quickly given the global growth of the market. Casinos need to…
Why Binance May Be Crucial for Tron (Trx) to Reach $1
Why Tron (TRX) Price Won’t Remain Low for Long
3 Cryptocurrencies Most Likely to Follow Bitcoin’s Performance
Altcoins2 weeks ago
Top 4 Cryptocurrencies That You Won’t Find Among the 100 Largest Coins
Blogs2 weeks ago
Crypto Billionaire Predicts Massive Price Growth by 2021
Altcoins2 weeks ago
TRON (TRX) Blockchain Threatened by a Lone PC
Bitcoin2 weeks ago
Why Bitcoin (BTC) Will Go Back to $20,000
Altcoins1 week ago
Justin Sun Bullish On TRX and BTT
Altcoins2 weeks ago
Tron’s (Trx) Rapid Development Hints at the Project’s Full Potential
Featured news2 weeks ago
3 of The Most Shocking Cryptocurrency Scandals
Trade1 week ago
eToroX launches gold and silver stablecoins