IOTA is one of the newer cryptocurrencies on the market that has managed to perform exquisitely despite having numerous potential competitors. This currency was first introduced on June 13th of last year and since then it has been providing a veritably decent service to its holders spread across the globe. As far as the inherent properties are concerned, this digital currency is very different from the other cryptocurrency big guns like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and various other familiar cryptocurrencies. Unlike others, IOTA uses an innovative new technology known as The Tangle that allows the users to verify their previous two transactions without any interference from the miners.
Currently, there are more than eighteen hundred cryptocurrencies in the market that are traded around the world. Hence, the fierce competition to acquire a decent position in the market and retain it is quite imaginable. Since the major market maelstrom at the beginning of this year, a significant number of traders are inclining towards the slightly lesser known currencies like IOTA. Here, you would find out a few aspects about this coin elucidating the fact why it would be judicious to hold onto this coin this year.
The Technology behind IOTA:
IOTA was designed on the IOT or Internet-of-Things concept. The Internet-of-Things refers to everyday items such as accessories, clothes, vehicles, etc. provided with a computer capable of connecting them through the internet. While other cryptocurrencies provide a blockchain platform where miners or nodes usually verify the previous transactions block by block before approving and performing the current transaction, IOTA offers a platform where the users can verify their previous transactions by themselves. As a result, IOTA’s ecosystem offers a much more convenient and user-friendly interface to the traders. This sui generis technology is known as The Tangle.
The IOT concept coined by this cryptocurrency is the gateway to achieve complete decentralization as per previous speculations; this new technology continues to pique the interest of both new and experienced crypto-traders.
Competitive Advantages of Using IOTA:
The digital currency of IOTA comes with several irrefutable advantages for the traders including:
- Faster Transaction Rates: On IOTA’s native platform traders can take advantage of an expeditious transaction system. Because of this currency’s ingenious transaction protocol, the confirmation time on IOTA platform is much less than other currencies like Bitcoin.
- Micro-payment Facility: In regular blockchain networks, the transaction fee is usually set by the initiator of the transaction which makes it very difficult to keep track of the relatively smaller payment amount. In case of IOTA, the traders can take advantage of its unique ability to facilitate small payments in exchange for an insignificant or sometimes no transaction fee.
- Incredible Scalability: In IOTA’s platform, the time taken between placing a transaction and its subsequent validation is nearly zero. Also, its processing module becomes faster with the increase in the number of transactions and subscribers.
- Convenience and Security: IOTA blockchain eliminates the arduous process of mining a cryptocurrency by solving puzzles which makes it much more cost-effective over other digital coins like Bitcoin. The transaction fee on this blockchain is also fairly low compared to others. As the IOTA owner is given the leeway to verify his/her transaction by themselves, there is no chance of any fraudulent activity as well.
Recent IOTA Updates:
- The Release of Trinity Mobile Wallet: On May 29th, 2018, IOTA development team announced the launching of this new user-friendly mobile wallet. Despite being a strictly community-driven project at the beginning, the IOTA foundation adopted Trinity in order to ensure the security of using this cryptocurrency to a bigger community. The wallet was subjected to two external reviews namely a security audit and a threat modelling exercise. The purpose of this review was to ensure the fact there are no bugs present in the wallet that can potentially vitiate the currency’s security. With this new wallet release, the IOTA blockchain system is likely to be more convenient to the traders.
- Upcoming R&D Projects: On June 16th of this year, IOTA announced a few of their R&D goals. According to their statement, for the next few months, the development team will work on strengthening and ameliorating the network infrastructure, decentralization, recognizing the need for developer inclusion in case of DApps, formalizing and comprehending cryptographic techniques, and encouraging widespread usage of this coin.
The Current Situation of IOTA:
As of 26th June 2018, IOTA holds the ninth position on Coinmarketcap with a price nearly tantamount to $1 and a market capitalization of nearly 2.7 billion USD. Although the numbers are not exactly as good as it was in December last year, the IOTA price chart is currently stable at a decent rate.
IOTA was introduced in order to provide a solution to Bitcoin’s high transaction fee and less scalability. As a result, right from its inception, this coin has managed to grab the attention of potential traders around the world. With the recent and upcoming technical developments, this blockchain platform is likely to become even more efficient and user-friendly. Hence, it is safe to say that IOTA holders can expect a lucrative 2018 despite market volatility.
For the latest cryptocurrency news, join our Telegram!
Disclaimer: This article should not be taken as, and is not intended to provide, investment advice. Global Coin Report and/or its affiliates, employees, writers, and subcontractors are cryptocurrency investors and from time to time may or may not have holdings in some of the coins or tokens they cover. Please conduct your own thorough research before investing in any cryptocurrency and read our full disclaimer.
Image courtesy of Pexels
CoinFlip Scores Big with BRD Wallet Partnership
As the crypto markets move closer to mass adoption, one of the keys for future success will revolve around attracting as many market participants as possible. While many crypto users are extremely tech oriented, a lot of those on the sidelines are not. The cause of waiting on the sidelines could be due to a variety of reasons such as fear of the unknown, lack of knowledge, age, or a combination of all of the above. In order to entice new users to join the crypto revolution, crypto ATMs are rising up across the country. Of those, the largest and most influential crypto ATM company by a significant margin is CoinFlip.
In early October, CoinFlip announced on its Twitter that it had officially partnered with BRD Wallet to re-introduce their crypto ATM map. Now, BRD wallet users will be able to locate their nearest CoinFlip ATM and receive a 10% discount for both buys and sells. BRD brand awareness is growing quickly within the crypto community thanks to its innovative and entrepreneurial spirit. The team strongly believes in the value of financial freedom and independence, and want to empower people across the world by leveraging the possibilities that Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies provide.
Cryptocurrencies are already making a huge difference around the world. Citizens of Venezuela, a country devastated by rampant inflation, have been using several cryptocurrencies…
Cryptocurrency Collateralized Debt Positions Are Growing in Popularity
While Bitcoin (BTC) continues to hover around the magical 10,000 price level, altcoins continue to fight an uphill battle. Simply put, hopes of a future bull run continue to diminish as Bitcoin maintains its dominance. One school of thought is that a few altcoins will survive and flourish, but which ones are anyone’s guess. That being said, it’s hard to go wrong picking against the top coins like Ethereum (ETH), Ripple (XRP), Litecoin (LTC), and EOS. These projects have managed to find a foothold in the market and have a better chance than most of staying there. While traders wait for their positions to increase in value, one opportunity that may be worth looking at is initiating a collateralized debt position.
What is a Cryptocurrency CDP?
In traditional terms, a CDP is essentially putting up collateral in order to receive a loan against the deposited amount. There are several examples of this in our day to day lives. Auto title loans from large companies like TitleMax are extremely popular with consumers. Consumers are essentially able to use their car as collateral in exchange for a cash payment which can then be used for whatever needs the consumer has. The consumer can continue using their car as long as debt payments are made.
The same concept applies to cryptocurrency CDPs. Consumers are able to put up crypto tokens, such as…
Hodium Presents a Compelling Opportunity for Outsized Investment Returns
I’m sure all of us remember the cryptocurrency glory days of 2017 and early 2018. It was one of the biggest bull runs in history and created incredibly wealth for quite a few early entrants. Unfortunately, for most of us, those gains have most likely been wiped out during the altcoin apocalypse. The truth is that traders probably thought a bit too highly of their trading abilities when the reality was that anyone could have thrown a dart at a board and ended up making money.
As markets mature (and the crypto market is definitely maturing) it becomes more and more difficult to generate alpha. In that regard, it’s similar to traditional financial markets. I can remember trading during my high school days. It was the late 90s and right in the middle of the dot.com boom. Eventually, however, the euphoria fades away and reality hits hard. Now, it’s become rather difficult to actually trade profitably which has given way to the rise of hedge funds.
Hedge funds are investment funds that pool capital from accredited and/or institutional investors and invest in a variety of assets, often with extremely complex portfolio-construction and risk management techniques. The professionals employed by hedge funds are the best of the best and have spent years honing their craft. That is why they’re able to make the millions of dollars that they normally…
eToroX adds Dash, USDC, USDT and 5 new stablecoins
Revealed: The Mental Skills Required to Be a Successful Trader
MATCH GOING PREMIER LEAGUE FANS WILL SPEND £1.3BN TO SUPPORT THEIR CLUB THIS SEASON, UP 31% SINCE 2014/15
Bitcoin2 weeks ago
New Tendencies of Bitcoin Gambling
Altcoins2 weeks ago
Can Libra help the crypto industry to reach new heights?
Altcoins1 week ago
CoinFlip Scores Big with BRD Wallet Partnership
featured2 weeks ago
Cryptocurrency, Online Gambling, and Regulation: One of the Three Can’t Stay
Hot Updates1 week ago
SFUNDING – The Leading Utility Blockchain platform
Featured news1 week ago
Why is Crypto Futures Trading So Easy Today?
Featured news7 days ago
Revealed: The Mental Skills Required to Be a Successful Trader
Trade1 week ago
eToro signals commitment to growth with acquisition of Delta