TRON’s Main Net launch update, titled Exodus, will mark the advent of the cryptocurrency functioning on its exclusive blockchain. As of now, Exodus is targeted to go live on March 31st, 2018, and will usher in a host of new features and increased usability for the TRX cryptocurrency.
- Unparallel utility for TRON: TRON founder Justin Sun tweeted the ways in which the Exodus Main Net will make TRON a top contender as one of the best-performing currencies in the crypto market. The features are as follows:
- Negligible fees: Like Ripple, TRON is planning to create a smooth experience for consumers of TRX. It starts with reducing transaction fees to the point where it gets almost non-existent. The TRON team’s status update states that TRX-based transactions on Exodus will require a consumption of only 0.0001 TRX in the process. Thus TRON would become the least expensive cryptocurrency to use in terms of fees. It would take an impossible price-per-coin of 1000 USD for TRX fees to elevate above the 0.01 USD mark. At the current price of TRX, a single penny would help you net 20,000 transactions on Exodus. The TRON team clearly recognizes how high fees act as a barrier to the usage of cryptocurrency.
- Scalability: Crypto market is at crossroads as investors are growing impatient for use-cases and the field as a whole needs to continue expanding and driving innovation so that a steady decline can be avoided. Scaling is at the core of the issue, with most currencies being unable to handle the overwhelming load of a true payment platform. TRON is attempting to increase its scalability and bring it at par with the more scalable cryptocurrencies, by posting 1000+ tx/s on the Exodus network. If TRON continues to foray into the entertainment industry-disrupting technology that Sun is endeavoring to create, that number will likely have to reach up to 1000+ tx/s. But as of now, Exodus will have no difficulty handling the network load for TRX, and enable the currency to keep on growing into and dominating over the gaming industry without facing the barrier of scalability. TRON’s Main Net will ensure TRX does not fall into any trap of stagnation which arises from price speculation and profit motives. The team’s main goal is to keep their focus on the utility of the currency and its implementation as a tool to solve real-world problems.
2. Differentiating TRON from the market: The field of cryptocurrency is brimming with transaction-based tokens and ERC-20 derivatives. TRON’s exit from the Ethereum network onto its own platform for Exodus creates a fresh space for the currency to exist. Other cryptocurrencies can be built upon the Exodus network as well. This increases the number of ways in which TRON can be developed as a currency and thus contributes to the expanding utility of TRX. However, it also positions TRON as a flagship technology in its own right. Sun has created a vision for what TRX is trying to achieve: disrupting the entertainment industry and overhauling the way these various platforms starting from gaming and social media, are conducting business.
The whole crypto industry is having to recover from past pure price speculations and poor investment prices. Most of the FUD surrounding TRON is the product of investors crashing from the fall of January 2018’s all-time high expectations. With the launch of the Exodus, TRON is attempting to differentiate itself from the majority of copycat currencies and weak projects that are stagnating the industry. The next logical step for Sun and his team would be to change public perception and entrepreneurial interest for TRON from another ERC-20 token to something innovative and a class of its own.
3. Building a platform for success: The big goals for the disruption that TRON has set out to achieve through Exodus, are starting to take the form of drastic, industry-changing companies. Big projects pave the way for fierce competition. It might be hard to comprehend the consequences of disruption of the entertainment industry, which is what TRON is aiming for. Part of the confusion surrounding the white paper is a simple lack of clarity regarding Justin Sun’s vision for TRON. But, needless to say, blockchain and cryptocurrency represent two highly path-breaking technologies that have not been utilized to their fullest potentials. Consider the case of Bitcoin. It can be spent like money without having to use government fiat. But the question arises regarding its function in the real world; i.e. what benefit does it yield somebody who is using Bitcoin instead of their debit card.
TRON also gives rise to similar hard questions. Outside of TRON Dogs and a growing list of potential collaborations, the implementation for TRX is not setting the industry-standard in the way that Ripple has succeeded to integrate through the financial industry. All these could change completely after the launch of the Exodus.
Sun has already laid out how the usability of TRX on the Main Net will equip the coin with the ability to compete as one of the top five cryptocurrencies. The platform for success has been built; it is now time for TRON to fulfill its likeliness as an industry-changing currency.
We will be updating our subscribers as soon as we know more. For the latest on TRX, sign up below!
Disclaimer: This article should not be taken as, and is not intended to provide, investment advice. Global Coin Report and/or its affiliates, employees, writers, and subcontractors are cryptocurrency investors and from time to time may or may not have holdings in some of the coins or tokens they cover. Please conduct your own thorough research before investing in any cryptocurrency and read our full disclaimer.
Image courtesy of Paul via Flickr
XNO Token of Xeno NFT Hub listed on Bithumb Korea Exchange
Hong Kong, Hong Kong, 25th January, 2021, // ChainWire //
Xeno Holdings Limited (xno.live ), a blockchain solutions company based in Hong Kong, has announced the listing of its ecosystem utility token XNO on the ‘Bithumb Korea’ cryptocurrency exchange on January 21st 2021.
Xeno NFT Hub (market.xno.live ), developed by Xeno Holdings, enables easy minting of digital items into NFTs while also providing a marketplace where anyone can securely trade NFTs.
The Xeno NFT Hub project team includes former members of the technology project Yosemite X based in San Francisco and professionals such as Gabby Dizon who is a games industry expert and NFT space influencer based in Southeast Asia.
NFT(Non-Fungible Token) technology has recently gained huge focus in the blockchain arena and beyond, making waves in the online gaming sector, the art world, and the digital copyrights industry in recent years. The strongest feature of NFTs is that “NFTs are unique digital assets that cannot be replaced or forged”. Unlike fungible tokens such as Bitcoin or Ether, NFTs are not interchangeable for other tokens of the same type but instead each NFT has a unique value and specific information that cannot be replaced. This fact makes NFTs the perfect solution to record and prove ownership of digital and real-world items like works of art, game items, limited-edition collectibles, and more.
NFTs are already being actively traded in markets globally. For…
Should Crypto Projects Devote Resources to Community Growth and Marketing?
2020 has been an incredible year for crypto as investors have generated windfall profits and crypto projects have seen their businesses gain the spotlight they’ve been looking for. While Bitcoin has received most of the attention after major institutional investors announced they were accumulating the increasingly scarce asset, many altcoins have also seen their fair share of glory. When looking at all the big winners of the past year, the first project that probably comes to mind is Chainlink, having appreciated by more than 550% YTD and now valued at over $4.5 billion. But, the actual biggest winner of the year is HEX with a YTD return of over 5,000%.
I mention both of the above projects as they have each taken slightly different paths to achieve greatness. Chainlink has devoted resources toward building a fundamentally sound business with many strategic partnerships while HEX has spent vast sums of money on marketing and promotion. Both approaches are valid, but one thing is certain, it is absolutely imperative for crypto projects to let the crypto community know what makes them special. Of course, one of the reasons that makes crypto so valuable is the powerful blockchain technology that most projects are utilizing.
Cryptocurrency vs. Blockchain Technology
It’s important to make a distinction between blockchain technology and cryptocurrency. Although they are often used interchangeably, they are different. Blockchain technology and crypto were both created after the 2008 financial crisis, but cryptocurrency…
XENO starts VIP NFT trading service and collaborates with contemporary artist Hiro Yamagata
Hong Kong, Hong Kong, 24th December, 2020, // ChainWire //
The XENO NFT Hub (https://xno.live) will provide a crypto-powered digital items and collectables trading platform allowing users to create, buy, and sell NFTs. Additionally it will support auction based listings, governance and voting mechanisms, trade history tracking, user rating and other advanced features.
As a first step towards its fully comprehensive service, XENO NFT Hub launched a recent VIP service to select users and early adopters in December 2020 with plans for a full Public Beta to open in June 2021.
“NFTs are extremely flexible in their usage, from digital event tickets to artwork, and while NFTs have a very wide spectrum of uses and categories XENO will initially focus its partnership efforts and its own item curation on three primary areas: gaming, sports & entertainment, and collectibles.”, said XENO NFT Hub president Anthony Di Franco.
He also added “This does not mean we will prohibit other types of NFTs from our ecosystem However, it simply means that XENO’s efforts as a company will be targeted into these verticals initially as a cohesive business approach.”
Development and Procurement Lead, Gabby Dizon explained, “Despite our initial focus, we found ourselves with a unique opportunity to host some of the works of Mr. Hiro Yamagata. We are collaborating with Japanese artist Hiro Yamagata to enshrine some of his artwork into NFTs.”
Mr. Yamagata has been…