Dentacoin (DCN) was introduced to the cryptocurrency market in August 2017 and has since then climbed to the 57th position on the crypto coin rankings list of coinmarketcap.com. DCN has had a major rise of 50.51% (at the time of writing) since yesterday and the price shows nearly $0.001280 USD. The market cap of the crypto coin is above $416 million USD and the volume (24h) shows $4.85 million USD approximately. (As of 10th May 2018)
A little on Dentacoin (DCN)
Dentacoin is the first blockchain that aims to make the dental industry all over the world affordable by developing distributed ledger technology or DLT. The Dentacoin blockchain follows the decentralized, smart contract protocol of the Ethereum blockchain. It is also used to reward the patients, service providers through a system that encourages them to contribute towards the community. As stated in the white paper of Dentacoin, “Dentacoin chooses to reward those who contribute to trusted reviews, dental practice registrations and valuable feedback content for the industry. “The rewards are directly connected to the level of participation.” Those who participate will have the opportunity to buy DCN directly from the Dentacoin network and trade the coins. The main objective of Dentacoin is to provide quality dental care to at least 80% of the populous at a much lower rate.
The network plans to do so by eliminating the need of middlemen like insurance companies and handing over authority directly into the patient and doctor’s hands. This is an effective way of reducing the costs. The way to do this is to develop smart contracts directly between the dentists and the patients. This includes small monthly contributions to the dentists in DCN. The patients’ well-being has been prioritized here and this smart contract solution will provide proper dental care to the patients, eliminating the need to deposit high premiums to insurance companies. The patients can also earn rewards by writing “trusted reviews”. There is also the option of writing standard reviews where anyone can write them. To make sure that it is in truth a trusted review, the partner dentist will take the email address of the patient in the medical office before the treatment starts and a review request will be sent to the given email id. The patient will be able to access and post on reviews.dentacoin.com only through the provided link.
Properties of Dentacoin:
Dentacoin is a blend of logistics platform and financial tech tool. There is no intention of the team to make the Dentacoin token a medium for global payments, unlike other peer to peer decentralized altcoins. Thus, it has often been observed as a non-competitive crypto coin that simply focuses on developing the global dental industry by incorporating blockchain technology.
- Trusted and Standard review platform: The standard reviews section allows anyone to post a review but the trusted review section is only for the patients who have been treated by a dentist through this platform. The patient reviews are published in an unbiased way such the potential clients can get a true opinion of the platform and the services. The patients who have written reviews will be awarded DCN that they can use as a form of payment in their next visit.
- DentaVox opinion platform: According to the official website of Dentacoin, DentaVox is “A WebApp for collective customer wisdom, which serves as an up-to-date market research data through questionnaires and rewards.” This is beneficial for the media, the manufacturers, the suppliers and the dentists.
- Healthcare database: The Dentacoin network ensures a secure platform for data exchange and storage of medical records. The medical records can be accessed by the dentists only and by the patients who have been given exclusive permission to their own medical records.
- Dentacare mobile app: This objective of this app is to “form long-lasting dental care habits through an intensive 3-month program in an engaging gamified environment.” (white paper) The app contains tutorials and has features like notifications, reminders and voice navigation that will the people to maintain their dental hygiene and build healthy habits. It also has an emergency function that enables the users to get immediate advice from the dental specialists registered on the Dentacoin network. The app is immensely beneficial for children and their parents can help them develop healthy habits through the Dentacare mobile app.
- Dental assurance concept: Dentacoin shares its feedback platform with other value-creating solutions focused on dental care such that the solution reaches all the corners of the world. The dental insurance smart contract developed by the network will be active between the individual and their visiting dentist such to provide quality treatment at an affordable rate.
Recently, Changelly has listed Dentacoin (DCN) where DCN can be bought and exchanged with several other altcoins. According to Jeremias Grenzebach, co-founder and core developer at Dentacoin Foundation, this listing will open up many new opportunities for Dentacoin.
For the latest cryptocurrency news, join our Telegram!
Disclaimer: This article should not be taken as, and is not intended to provide, investment advice. Global Coin Report and/or its affiliates, employees, writers, and subcontractors are cryptocurrency investors and from time to time may or may not have holdings in some of the coins or tokens they cover. Please conduct your own thorough research before investing in any cryptocurrency and read our full disclaimer.
Image courtesy of Pexels
How Can Foreigners Get Loans in Singapore
Foreigners who are residing in Singapore and looking for financing could do so in the form of a payday loan. It is good to find out that you can borrow the money from a reputable lender and that the interest rates are low enough for it to be a viable option. Online lenders that specialize in doing business in the country can certainly help one. These online companies are not only reliable, but their service is fast.
At the same time, many cannot afford a high standard of living. Many individuals cannot afford essentials, such as a car or a house. It can be difficult for the majority of the working class to scrape through on their basic salary.
What defines a foreigner in Singapore?
A foreigner in Singapore means that you are not a permanent or natural citizen there. As a foreigner, you will not be holding a Singaporean passport. The rules can differ a little for foreigners and residents. Singapore, being a multinational hub, houses many foreigners within the city. Foreigners come to Singapore for the many attractions it offers. Many people come to Singapore for Work-related purposes. A lot many also come for vacations or to visit a friend or a relative. Some foreigners come with a plan to move to Singapore permanently, attracted by their lavish lifestyle. Singapore also…
Aluna.Social is a Compelling Social Platform for Crypto Traders and Investors
When one thinks about the social media landscape, the companies that first come to mind are most likely Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Snapchat. These platforms are a great way to stay connected with friends, families, and colleagues, especially when geographic distance is a factor. But, in addition to just chatting about life in general and sharing pictures, social media can be used to bridge the information gap that exists within the investment community.
Over the last decade, many trading offices have been established in large cities all over the world which allow solo traders and investors to pay a monthly fee in exchange for a workspace. The real benefit to trading in these offices is to participate in the free flow of trading ideas and information. Proprietary trading is one of the most challenging careers to be successful at and the exchange of ideas is almost required in order to succeed. Traders at hedge funds and investment banks work in teams so why shouldn’t remote traders?
While these trading offices are a great way to help bridge the information gap, Aluna.Social may provide an even better way, especially as it relates to cryptocurrency trading.
Aluna.Social, founded by Alvin Lee and Henrique Matias, is a multi-exchange social trading terminal for crypto traders and investors. The goal of the platform is to help newcomers shorten their learning curve,…
CoinFlip Scores Big with BRD Wallet Partnership
As the crypto markets move closer to mass adoption, one of the keys for future success will revolve around attracting as many market participants as possible. While many crypto users are extremely tech oriented, a lot of those on the sidelines are not. The cause of waiting on the sidelines could be due to a variety of reasons such as fear of the unknown, lack of knowledge, age, or a combination of all of the above. In order to entice new users to join the crypto revolution, crypto ATMs are rising up across the country. Of those, the largest and most influential crypto ATM company by a significant margin is CoinFlip.
In early October, CoinFlip announced on its Twitter that it had officially partnered with BRD Wallet to re-introduce their crypto ATM map. Now, BRD wallet users will be able to locate their nearest CoinFlip ATM and receive a 10% discount for both buys and sells. BRD brand awareness is growing quickly within the crypto community thanks to its innovative and entrepreneurial spirit. The team strongly believes in the value of financial freedom and independence, and want to empower people across the world by leveraging the possibilities that Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies provide.
Cryptocurrencies are already making a huge difference around the world. Citizens of Venezuela, a country devastated by rampant inflation, have been using several cryptocurrencies…