After the launch of TRON Mainnet along with the new Odyssey stage on 31st May 2018, the principal focus has been on the Super Representative Election scheduled to be held by the end of this month. As the event is getting imminent, new participants in the form of cryptocurrency exchanges, cloud-based platforms, and several other organizations are emerging from every corner of the world in order to enlist themselves in this event and support TRON. The past few days have been no exception as well. Moreover, there are other technical upgrades and community events as usual that can impact this digital coin’s future.
Since its very day of introduction, TRON team has never failed in providing a comprehensive weekly report consisting of recent events. This transparency and the propensity to frequently communicate with the traders across the globe has been one of the main reasons behind TRON’s incredible popularity. There are more than eighteen hundred cryptocurrencies and ICOs available in the market that can become potential competitors in future. Hence, TRON’s development team continues to work on more upgrades incessantly in order to ameliorate its position in the market.
Here, you would find some of the major technical and community developments that occurred over the past few days and can change TRON’s position in the market.
- Upgrades in Structure: In the previous week, TRON’s development team realized the necessity of a transaction duplicate check system for the storage layer and implemented it successfully. Also, the testing and developments on the solidity node were supported by the team while successfully implementing the Hot-standby function. However, the work on enabling paginated query on token issuance and improving the deployment documents is still in progress.
- Upgrades in Consensus: The TRX development team was able to keep track of the voting time during the maintenance period last week. They also ran a few tests on the bandwidth occupancy attack. The work on ameliorating the relevant documents and supplement test is still on-going.
- Upgrades in Wallet: In case of the TRX wallet, the strength of verification password was increased considerably during last week in order to provide better security for the traders. Also, a CAPTCHA was added to the test-token requests on browsers. The development team is currently working on optimizing password logic, creating documents on various technicalities of exchange sync-up, and supporting the same.
- Other Upgrades: On June 20th, TRON’s CEO Justin Sun announced launching Odyssey Version 2.0.3 on GitHub. With this upgrade in the current Odyssey stage, TRON is likely to offer more efficient service to the traders.
TRON community has undergone some pivotal changes in the last few days including:
- Acquiring Support for Token Migration: TRON’s blockchain upgrade and token migration is scheduled to take place on June 21, 2018. During the past few days, several exchanges offered their support for this event. Binance, the largest cryptocurrency exchange was the first to announce their support on June 11. Koinex, the reputed Indian exchange also supported this TRON event very recently along with LBank. Besides these exchanges, world’s leading cryptocurrency wallet Cobo wallet also supported TRON’s token migration along with blockchain upgrade.
- Addition of New Language: Based on multiple suggestions from the TRX holders and community members, TRON launched Korean version of their official website. This incident is likely to make a positive impact on this currency by extending its purview in another technologically developed Asian country.
- The release of TRON Chrome Wallet: TRON chrome wallet is an ingenious multi-functional and stable wallet that can be applied in Chrome plugins and is designed specifically for the TRON wave. With this wallet, the users would be able to connect their digital accounts instantaneously.
- TRON Super Representative Election: TRON announced the name of a few major super representative candidates over the previous week. Some of them include Infinity Stones (a Silicon Valley-based company), Node Capital, ChainDD (China’s first financial data and blockchain information platform), Digital Assets Group or DAG, Sesame Seed (well-known blockchain platform), and Zaeda (IT consulting and ISP company).
Market Transaction Updates:
On 12th June, TradeSatoshi Exchange announced launching several TRON trading pairs including TRX/BTC, TRX/ETH, TRX/BCH, TRX/LTC, TRX/DOGE, and TRX/ USDT. From June 26 onwards, TradeSatoshi would also support TRX trading, deposit, and withdrawal.
Current Condition of TRON:
As of 21st June 2018, TRON holds the 10th position on Coinmarketcap with a price equivalent to $0.048 approximately and a market capitalization of 3.1 billion USD. Although the price surge expected right after the Mainnet launch is yet to come, the trend has been steadily upward over the last few days. The current figures are showing an improvement of 1.33% over the previous ones.
With all these new developments and the super representative election around the corner, things are looking quite propitious for the TRX holders at the moment. Once this event finally begins, the current price trend is likely to be even more upward with profitable opportunities for the traders.
For the latest cryptocurrency news, join our Telegram!
Disclaimer: This article should not be taken as, and is not intended to provide, investment advice. Global Coin Report and/or its affiliates, employees, writers, and subcontractors are cryptocurrency investors and from time to time may or may not have holdings in some of the coins or tokens they cover. Please conduct your own thorough research before investing in any cryptocurrency and read our full disclaimer.
Image courtesy of Pexels
Reasons Why You Are Much Safer When Crypto Trading on Dexes
While many cryptocurrencies aim to bring the change to the world by bringing full decentralization, one aspect of the crypto space still remains mostly centralized, and that is the way they are exchanged. Most crypto exchanges are centralized companies, where traders and investors need to deposit their coins for safekeeping. This is a risky way to handle the funds, as exchanges remain susceptible to hacks and theft, as many realized recently, after the hack of the world’s largest exchange by trading volume, Binance.
During the hack, around 7,000 BTC (over $40 million) was taken, and sent to multiple wallets, never to be seen again — for now, at least. The hack also came as quite a shock, as Binance was known for its efficiency, security, and high levels of confidence. It also made people realize that their coins are not really theirs if they need to rely on third parties, such as exchanges, to keep them safe. As a result, many are now turning away from centralized exchanges, and are heading towards decentralized ones — also known as DEXes.
Here are some reasons why you might want to consider doing the same.
1. True ownership of your coins
The crypto community has a saying: “not your keys, not your coins.” The saying is now more relevant than ever, but it does not apply on DEXes. Decentralized exchanges…
Crypto Billionaire Predicts Massive Price Growth by 2021
Crypto prices are once again going up, and Bitcoin has just passed a major resistance level at $6,000. With a situation like that, it is not surprising that everyone in the crypto community is looking forward to the future, wondering what to expect in years to come. Many experts have already given their predictions, some more optimistic than others, but almost all bullish.
Crypto billionaire Mike Novogratz has always been very supportive of cryptocurrencies, and very bullish on Bitcoin. He recently stated that he sees the coins’ prices triple in the following 18 months, meaning that Bitcoin’s return to $20,000 might not be far away, according to him.
He noted that Bitcoin is back to $6,000 after its price hit as low as $3,100 only a few months ago. These days, Novogratz does not believe Bitcoin will return to such lows unless there is a devastating exchange hack or a major shift in regulations. Of course, there was a big hack that had the potential to damage the coin’s price, only days ago. The world’s largest crypto exchange by trading volume, Binance, saw a significant security breach which resulted in a theft of 7,000 BTC.
However, so far, the coin did not react negatively to this incident. While Novogratz believed that such an event would shatter the new confidence in BTC, it simply did not happen. However, he…
TokenRoll (TKR) Platform Will Take Online Casinos to the Next Level
Corporate executives are turning to blockchain technology more than ever in an attempt to revolutionize the business world. Although blockchain is still a relatively new concept, that hasn’t stopped more and more companies from jumping on the bandwagon. This hot new technology has quickly gained a reputation for providing greater transparency, enhanced security, improved traceability, increased efficiency, and low costs. One industry that could certainly benefit from decentralization is the online gambling market, specifically, online casinos. TokenRoll (TKR) has developed a platform that appears to offer a promising alternative to centralized casinos.
Problems with Centralized Casinos
The primary reason why blockchain technology is being implemented so quickly is because it solves a lot of the problems typically associated with the traditional business model. And online casinos are no different. It still needs to be said that centralized casinos have proven that there is a great demand for online gambling. The market is growing faster than anyone could have predicted, and future opportunities appear very promising and lucrative. But industries are continually evolving and this one is no different.
A few of the problems facing centralized casinos include the following:
- Little to no transparency
- Consumer lack of confidence
- Privacy concerns
- 48-72 hour wait time for withdrawals
These are four monumental issues that need to be addressed quickly given the global growth of the market. Casinos need to…
Why Binance May Be Crucial for Tron (Trx) to Reach $1
Why Tron (TRX) Price Won’t Remain Low for Long
3 Cryptocurrencies Most Likely to Follow Bitcoin’s Performance
Altcoins2 weeks ago
Top 4 Cryptocurrencies That You Won’t Find Among the 100 Largest Coins
Blogs2 weeks ago
Crypto Billionaire Predicts Massive Price Growth by 2021
Altcoins2 weeks ago
TRON (TRX) Blockchain Threatened by a Lone PC
Bitcoin2 weeks ago
Why Bitcoin (BTC) Will Go Back to $20,000
Altcoins1 week ago
Justin Sun Bullish On TRX and BTT
Altcoins2 weeks ago
Tron’s (Trx) Rapid Development Hints at the Project’s Full Potential
Featured news2 weeks ago
3 of The Most Shocking Cryptocurrency Scandals
Trade1 week ago
eToroX launches gold and silver stablecoins