When Coinbase was asked about adding new crypto assets in March, no such coins were considered at that time. The addition of Ethereum Classic (ETC) is thus a welcoming news that led to positive price fluctuations of ETC in the market. The announcement on Monday by Coinbase led to a rapid increase from $13 to above $16 within an hour. The price was near about $15.50 late Monday night (ET). Coinbase is now progressing with the engineering work that is required to support Ethereum Classic.
According to the Coinbase blog, “customers can expect to see public-facing APIs and other signs that the asset is being added. When we reach the final testing phase of the technical integration, which we expect to occur over the next few months, we will publicly announce a launch date for trading via our blog and Twitter.”
So, what are the reasons that made Coinbase bypass Ripple (XRP) and choose Ethereum Classic that is currently ranked at the 18th position on coinmarketcap.com?
- As per the Digital Asset Framework: Digital Asset Framework keeps tab of the performance of the crypto assets and estimates the stability and the prospects of the digital assets. Ethereum Classic accords to most of the points in the Digital Asset Framework. After almost two years of the hard fork, Ethereum Classic has the looks of a separate promising altcoin that has a good development team with a distinguished roadmap.
- Trading volume accordance: The market cap and daily trading volume of a crypto coin actually narrate its progress in the market. Ethereum Classic (ETC) shows a good trading volume for the past month with a value above $100,000,000 USD and sometimes over $200,000,000 USD. After the announcement of Coinbase regarding the inclusion of ETC in their list of crypto assets, the volume (24h) had jumped to nearly $686,019,000 USD on 12th June 2018. Also, if the trading volume is compared by analyzing the 30-day historical data of ETC from coinmarketcap.com then, compared to the other top-ranked coins, ETC shows more consistency.
- Probably Ethereum Classic was already being considered: Coinbase continues to keep tabs from the DAO hard fork that had occurred in 2016. At that time, it had resulted in a loss of nearly 3.6 million Ether tokens whose net worth was approximately $50 million. Those who held onto the coins they will most likely make a nice profit and load their wallets once they reach new heights or if they perform well enough in the near future. So, Ethereum Classic that has an enlarged community and a familiar name will obviously create an interest in anyone acquainted with the cryptocurrencies. It is also to be noted that Litecoin (LTC) had made some rapid progress after it was listed on Coinbase last year.
- Proven technology: Ethereum Classic sports a known technology and the wallet system is secure. It is unlikely to experience any glitches. Derivative instruments of the crypto coin are also present that have acquired the interest of many traders. The Coinbase users will be able to take advantage of this fact with the inclusion of the cryptocurrency.
- Approval of regulators: Coinbase is always careful to enlist cryptocurrencies that are accepted by securities or regulators. Another probable reason for enlisting ETC may be that Ethereum Classic is a platform asset and a utility coin. Ripple (XRP), on the other hand, was experiencing a little turbulence and some arguments that could be considered as a security. Moreover, the Thailand market authorities had recently approved Ethereum Classic (ETC) and Stellar (XLM). This way Ethereum Classic also made a more prominent mark in Asia.
“Coinbase will list assets only after they are listed on Coinbase Pro and Prime. After evaluating factors such as liquidity, price stability, and other market health metrics, we may choose to add Ethereum Classic to the Coinbase platform. It’s also worth repeating that Coinbase Markets, Coinbase Pro and Coinbase Prime will likely have more assets listed on the platform than the Coinbase platform, i.e. listing on Coinbase Markets does not guarantee listing on Coinbase.”
- Coinbase Blog Post (medium.com)
A crypto coin making it to the list of an exchange is not a major news but, when it is Coinbase it is a major news. This is mainly because Coinbase is extremely selective and till date offers only four virtual currencies- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash. Also, unlike many other crypto exchanges, Coinbase prefers to work hand-in-hand with regulators. So, the addition of another cryptocurrency (Ethereum Classic) is surely a major news. The Twitter post of Coinbase on 12th June 2018 says, “We are pleased to announce our intention to add support for Ethereum Classic (ETC) on Coinbase in the coming months.” Ethereum Classic was itself busy recently as the developers had to introduce a hard fork of their own to remove the ‘difficulty bomb’. It was a part of the original Ethereum blockchain designed to increase the difficulty level of mining.
For the latest cryptocurrency news, join our Telegram!
Disclaimer: This article should not be taken as, and is not intended to provide, investment advice. Global Coin Report and/or its affiliates, employees, writers, and subcontractors are cryptocurrency investors and from time to time may or may not have holdings in some of the coins or tokens they cover. Please conduct your own thorough research before investing in any cryptocurrency and read our full disclaimer.
Image courtesy of Pexels
XNO Token of Xeno NFT Hub listed on Bithumb Korea Exchange
Hong Kong, Hong Kong, 25th January, 2021, // ChainWire //
Xeno Holdings Limited (xno.live ), a blockchain solutions company based in Hong Kong, has announced the listing of its ecosystem utility token XNO on the ‘Bithumb Korea’ cryptocurrency exchange on January 21st 2021.
Xeno NFT Hub (market.xno.live ), developed by Xeno Holdings, enables easy minting of digital items into NFTs while also providing a marketplace where anyone can securely trade NFTs.
The Xeno NFT Hub project team includes former members of the technology project Yosemite X based in San Francisco and professionals such as Gabby Dizon who is a games industry expert and NFT space influencer based in Southeast Asia.
NFT(Non-Fungible Token) technology has recently gained huge focus in the blockchain arena and beyond, making waves in the online gaming sector, the art world, and the digital copyrights industry in recent years. The strongest feature of NFTs is that “NFTs are unique digital assets that cannot be replaced or forged”. Unlike fungible tokens such as Bitcoin or Ether, NFTs are not interchangeable for other tokens of the same type but instead each NFT has a unique value and specific information that cannot be replaced. This fact makes NFTs the perfect solution to record and prove ownership of digital and real-world items like works of art, game items, limited-edition collectibles, and more.
NFTs are already being actively traded in markets globally. For…
Should Crypto Projects Devote Resources to Community Growth and Marketing?
2020 has been an incredible year for crypto as investors have generated windfall profits and crypto projects have seen their businesses gain the spotlight they’ve been looking for. While Bitcoin has received most of the attention after major institutional investors announced they were accumulating the increasingly scarce asset, many altcoins have also seen their fair share of glory. When looking at all the big winners of the past year, the first project that probably comes to mind is Chainlink, having appreciated by more than 550% YTD and now valued at over $4.5 billion. But, the actual biggest winner of the year is HEX with a YTD return of over 5,000%.
I mention both of the above projects as they have each taken slightly different paths to achieve greatness. Chainlink has devoted resources toward building a fundamentally sound business with many strategic partnerships while HEX has spent vast sums of money on marketing and promotion. Both approaches are valid, but one thing is certain, it is absolutely imperative for crypto projects to let the crypto community know what makes them special. Of course, one of the reasons that makes crypto so valuable is the powerful blockchain technology that most projects are utilizing.
Cryptocurrency vs. Blockchain Technology
It’s important to make a distinction between blockchain technology and cryptocurrency. Although they are often used interchangeably, they are different. Blockchain technology and crypto were both created after the 2008 financial crisis, but cryptocurrency…
XENO starts VIP NFT trading service and collaborates with contemporary artist Hiro Yamagata
Hong Kong, Hong Kong, 24th December, 2020, // ChainWire //
The XENO NFT Hub (https://xno.live) will provide a crypto-powered digital items and collectables trading platform allowing users to create, buy, and sell NFTs. Additionally it will support auction based listings, governance and voting mechanisms, trade history tracking, user rating and other advanced features.
As a first step towards its fully comprehensive service, XENO NFT Hub launched a recent VIP service to select users and early adopters in December 2020 with plans for a full Public Beta to open in June 2021.
“NFTs are extremely flexible in their usage, from digital event tickets to artwork, and while NFTs have a very wide spectrum of uses and categories XENO will initially focus its partnership efforts and its own item curation on three primary areas: gaming, sports & entertainment, and collectibles.”, said XENO NFT Hub president Anthony Di Franco.
He also added “This does not mean we will prohibit other types of NFTs from our ecosystem However, it simply means that XENO’s efforts as a company will be targeted into these verticals initially as a cohesive business approach.”
Development and Procurement Lead, Gabby Dizon explained, “Despite our initial focus, we found ourselves with a unique opportunity to host some of the works of Mr. Hiro Yamagata. We are collaborating with Japanese artist Hiro Yamagata to enshrine some of his artwork into NFTs.”
Mr. Yamagata has been…