While the other big guns of the cryptocurrency market are fiercely struggling with their stability and continuous downward trend, the ingenious cryptocurrency of Dash seems to have it the other way around. With time, this digital currency is gradually becoming one of the most potential cryptocurrencies in the world. With regular developmental updates and implementation of new facilities, this cryptocurrency is becoming even more germane and profitable to the traders across the globe.
In the beginning, Dash was one of the most underrated Altcoins of the world being overshadowed by Bitcoin majorly. But since the major two debacles of Bitcoin, the scenario has been changing piecemeal. The fact that Bitcoin hasn’t recovered completely for these disastrous events and a considerable number of speculators and traders are genuinely worried about its volatility, has provided Dash the opportunity to grab the attention of the trading mass.
In the current cryptocurrency market where approximately eighteen hundred legitimate cryptocurrencies are vying for the top spot, Dash has secured a number of very strong and loyal users who have put their trust in this coin. Here, a few aspects of this coin will be discussed to highlight the fact why this currency is a probable contender to lead the currency chart this year.
The Internal Mechanism of Dash:
Dash was first introduced in the cryptocurrency market as XCoin (XCO) on January 18, 2014. The name was officially changed into Darkcoin during March of 2015 and finally, the name Dash was finalized as a portmanteau of Digital Cash. It is a peer-to-peer open source cryptocurrency whose unique budgeting system makes it a DAO (Decentralised Autonomous Organization). Below you will find some unique aspects of this coin’s internal architecture:
a. Masternodes: Unlike Bitcoin, Dash is a two-tier network where one tier is controlled by the miners and the other one consists of several masternodes that perform various functions such as InstantSend, PrivateSend, and different governance functions. These masternodes have been proved to be extremely effective to prevent Sybil attacks.
b. PrivateSend Function: The PrivateSend function is one of the main reasons behind its popularity. It is mainly a CoinJoin based coin mixing service. The function uses multiple masternodes instead of a single website for a transaction. This service allows the users to transfer payments in a much quicker speed.
c. InstantSend: It is another very unique feature that distinguishes Dash from Bitcoin. Form its nomenclature, it is fairly clear that InstantSend helps carry out transactions instantly. In older coins like Bitcoin, transaction speed is one of the major predicaments which Dash seems to have resolved quite easily through these two functions.
The Irrefutable Advantages of Using Dash:
Dash offers many advantages to its users which include:
- Transparency and Convenience: Scaling the network is a major problem that many cryptocurrencies face, including Bitcoin. The efficient development team of Dash has managed to overcome both scaling and consensus problems with their efficacy. Dash conducts a voting system for their holders to figure out which new features need to be implemented in order to provide a better decentralised currency. According to their roadmap, Dash team endeavours to offer a transaction rate of 4000 or more per second. They have already made huge progress in this case by implementing PrivateSend and InstantSend functions.
- Constant Development and Funding: Dash has a monthly budget of 2.5 million USD for technical developments. This alone proves the fact how dedicated the Dash development team is for making this coin more advantageous to the currency holders. For making such developments, this currency follows a highly organised path. This coin splits 90% of the new Dash coins to among the miners and stakeholders and uses the rest for its development. The area of technical modification is also decided through a voting system. Because of this system, the Dash ecosystem doesn’t require any outside influence like crowdfunds for its own funding.
- Anonymity and Speed: There are a significant number of coins which offer anonymity to their users during transaction. Unfortunately, many of those coins have been proved to be vulnerable under certain circumstances. Dash, on the other hand offers an impregnable privacy security system that makes its transaction untraceable. So far, experts are unsuccessful to find out a possible way to trace Dash transactions. Also, Dash’s speed has always been its most important and popular feature since its introduction. Compared to Bitcoin’s insignificant number of 7 transactions per second, Dash offers nearly 4000 transactions per second at a much lower price.
- Decentralised Nature: Dash offers a much more decentralized platform to its user because of its governance system. This currency has three major groups namely Dash Core, Dash Labs, and Dash Force, funded by the main network. These three groups work independently and allow the traders to use a decentralized currency system spread across every part of the world.
Dash currently holds the thirteenth position on Coinmarket cap with a market capitalization of approximately 3 billion USD and a whopping price of circa $365 (as per the data on 16th April 2018). According to its chart, the movement of its price is currently upward.
In addition to the features it has been already providing, Dash’s development team is currently opting for mass adoption by engaging in partnerships with various business organizations. This way, the usage of this coin would be increased as well as diversified. This currency has already become one of the most convenient and stable currencies of the world. Therefore, with this mass adoption, Dash is very likely to topple some big guns and lead the currency chart by the end of this year.
We will be updating our subscribers as soon as we know more. For the latest on DASH, sign up for our free newsletter!
Disclaimer: This article should not be taken as, and is not intended to provide, investment advice. Global Coin Report and/or its affiliates, employees, writers, and subcontractors are cryptocurrency investors and from time to time may or may not have holdings in some of the coins or tokens they cover. Please conduct your own thorough research before investing in any cryptocurrency and read our full disclaimer.
Image courtesy of John via Flickr
XRP Surges By 8% In A Surprise Bull Run
The new price surge that surrounded almost the entire crypto market brought quite a pleasant surprise for XRP holders, as Ripple grew in price by over 8% in the last 24 hours. In fact, XRP managed to achieve a price surge equal to that of Ethereum as of this morning.
While the third largest cryptocurrency is still quite behind ETH when it comes to market cap, many believe that it is only a matter of time before XRP regains its former glory. With that being said, a lot of people are still more than pleased with seeing Ripple climbing back to more stable levels, especially after a big price drop that hit the coin last week.
The new hike up allowed XRP to climb back to $0.446322. While this is still low when compared to its highest point in the last week ($0.52), the coin still seems to be well on its way to recovery. In fact, many believe that XRP has found a new bottom, one that is significantly higher than the last one. Most of this new success can be traced back to a price surge that Ripple has had recently when it even managed to briefly overthrow Ethereum as the second largest coin by market cap.
Despite its drop since then, XRP still remains one of the coins with the strongest growth in the last month. While the market is still far from stable,…
If Tether crashes, will that money pour into Bitcoin?
For a long time now, the so-called stablecoin, Tether (USDT) has been a topic of discussion within the crypto community.
Tether, as a stablecoin, is said to be fully backed by the USD. This allowed it to be one of only a handful of cryptos that can avoid volatility issues, due to the fact that it is backed by a stable fiat currency. However, for as long as it was around, Tether was very secretive of its bank accounts and funds in general.
While claiming to have the ability to back each of its USDT coins, many have questioned whether or not this can be true. At the time of writing (October 16, 2018), Tether has released 2,256,421,736 USDT in circulation. This means that it needs to have at least $2,256,421,736 in order to cover its circulating supply.
At this point, three questions emerge, and answering them could very well change the future of this stablecoin. The questions are as follows:
- Are all USDT coins fully backed?
- If yes, then where did that much money come from?
- If not, what will happen when the market discovers the lie?
Tether continues to keep secrets
As mentioned, Tether has always claimed to be able to back each of its coins. However, instead of operating on transparency, the coin used different tools, mostly opaqueness, misdirection, and playing the victim whenever someone tried to unveil what is truly going…
Is Bitcoin (BTC) Better Than USD?
Despite all its recent progress, cryptocurrencies still do not inspire trust in a lot of people. Many view them as unsafe money, with its very nature being doubtful. However, a recent report by the Polish Academy of Sciences’ Institute of Nuclear Physics shows that situation regarding cryptocurrencies may not be as bad as it seems. In fact, the report claims that Bitcoin might even be a better currency than it looks like.
Bitcoin vs traditional money
Bitcoin, as many are already aware of, is the first cryptocurrency. It was created a decade ago and was officially launched in 2009. But, even though it has been around for around 9 years at this point, it is still largely mistrusted by a lot of investors, especially when it comes to large institutions.
However, thanks to the Cracow-based Institute of Nuclear Physics’ recent report, this common opinion might actually be wrong. The Institute has conducted a detailed statistical analysis of the BTC market and has published the results in a scientific journal called Chaos: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Nonlinear Science.
Surprisingly enough, the report portraits Bitcoin in a very positive light.
The report started by commenting on the credibility of traditional money. In the past, money that people have been using was backed by specific material commodities, such as gold. These commodities gave the money its value and served as a guarantee that the money actually has worth. This is…
The low volatility of Litecoin and Bitcoin on the spotlight
Ripple CEO set to be part of Mars Blockchain Summit alongside reps from NASDAQ, Barclays, and the likes
Tron (TRX) launches official developers network website, TronGrid
Don't Miss1 week ago
Exclusive: Ripple (XRP) to be exhibited at SWIFT’s Sibos conference
Altcoins5 days ago
TRON TRX: A Perfect Way To Bring Games To Blockchain
Altcoins1 week ago
Electroneum (ETN) on the rise, can it make to highest market cap coins?
Altcoins2 weeks ago
Ethereum killers? Think Tron (TRX) and Qtum, according to startup mentor
Don't Miss1 week ago
Exclusive: Singapore to develop Ripple (XRP)-powered invoice trading platform
Altcoins2 weeks ago
Why is xRapid not bringing XRP price up?
Altcoins1 week ago
You think Tron (TRX) looks good? It’s even better
Featured news2 weeks ago
Bank of America starts Ripple and Stellar alike service for cross-bank operations